The Outstanding Service Award is presented annually to recognize a career of outstanding service to ACM SIGGRAPH by a volunteer. It recognizes an individual who has given extraordinary service to ACM SIGGRAPH, both in the trenches and in positions of more responsibility or visibility, over a significant period of time. The award includes a lifetime membership in ACM SIGGRAPH.
- 2020 Thierry Frey
- 2019 Jackie White
- 2018 G. Scott Owen
- 2017 Alyn Rockwood
- 2016 Alain Chesnais
- 2015 Mike Bailey
- 2014 Scott Lang
- 2013 Mary Whitton
- 2012 David Kasik
- 2010 Kellogg S. Booth
- 2008 Stephen Spencer
- 2006 John Fujii
- 2004 Judy Brown and Steve Cunningham
- 2002 Bertram Herzog
- 2000 Tom DeFanti and Copper Giloth
- 1998 Maxine Brown
The criteria used to evaluate the award include the importance of the service and the degree of sacrifice incurred by the volunteer. Nominations for the Outstanding Service Award are evaluated by committee and may be submitted to the Outstanding Service Award Chair by January 31 of each year. Nominations should include:
- Name(s) of the individual(s) being nominated (address and/or phone number and/or email address are also appreciated).
- A description of the service(s) to ACM SIGGRAPH and time period.
- A statement by the nominator describing the significance of the service(s). Additional letters of support and other materials are not necessary but will be appreciated.
- Nominator’s name, address, telephone number, and email address.