The Computer Graphics Achievement Award
Kavita Bala: For fundamental contributions to physically-based and scalable rendering, material modeling, perception for graphics, and visual recognition.
The Significant New Researcher Award
Alec Jacobson: For outstanding contributions to geometry processing, including shape deformations and robust mesh tetrahedralization.
The Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award
Tzu-Mao Li: For his dissertation that bridges graphics to vision, programming systems, and machine learning through differentiating graphics algorithms.
Honorable Mentions for the 2020 Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award:
- Yun Raymond Fei, Columbia University
- Mina Konakovic Lukovic,?école polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne
The Outstanding Service Award
Thierry Frey: For his long-term service to ACM SIGGRAPH, and in particular to the Professional and Student Chapters and to the SIGGRAPH and SIGGRAPH Asia Conferences.
The Distinguished Artist Award for Lifetime Achievement in Digital Art
Jeffrey Shaw: For his singular vision and pioneering efforts in the creation of interactive and immersive media art.
ACM SIGGRAPH Practitioner Award
Elizabeth Baron: For her trailblazing work in bringing virtual environments and related interactive techniques to engineering and design processes in multiple industries.
ACM SIGGRAPH Distinguished Educator Award
Donald P. (Don) Greenberg: For his enduring legacy as a computer graphics pioneer, and especially as a pioneering computer graphics educator.
ACM SIGGRAPH Academy
- Kavita Bala for fundamental contributions to physically-based and scalable rendering, material modeling, perception for graphics, and visual recognition.
- Elizabeth Baron for trailblazing work in bringing virtual environments and related interactive techniques to engineering and design processes in multiple industries.
- Eugene Fiume for development of physics-based fluid simulation, illumination simulation and character animation, and for advising and mentoring many leading researchers in academia and industry.
- Ming Lin for contributions in collision detection, physics simulation, natural phenomena, crowd animation, haptics, and sound rendering.
- Hanspeter Pfister for diverse contributions to visual computing including data visualization, point-based rendering, 3D scanning and physical fabrication.
- Alla Sheffer for contributions in geometry processing and interactive geometric modeling.