The ACM SIGGRAPH Education Committee is seeking submissions to the 6th Annual Faculty Submitted Student Work Exhibit. Images and video will be displayed at the Education Committee Booth SIGGRAPH 2017 in Los Angeles, California, and assignments archived on the Education Committee website. The double curated exhibit is open to all faculty working at Secondary/High School through University levels.
The Education Committee is interested in images of work by your best students accompanied by the project assignment. Any content area is welcome: art, animation, graphic design, game design, architecture, visualization, real-time rendering, etc.
The deadline for submissions is June 19th, 2017.
The exhibit gives your school the opportunity to showcase your student’s best work to the rest of the industry. After the conference, the entire presentation will be posted on the Education Committee website along with the corresponding project assignments to share with fellow faculty.
- By Faculty/School – no individual student submissions accepted
- Assignment(s) of submitted student work MUST accompany all video(s) and image(s) submitted. PDF format preferred. Student work will NOT be accepted without corresponding assignments.
- All submissions will use the provided PowerPoint Template: FFSW_Template_2017.ppt
- Images should be placed in the PowerPoint template.
- Metadata filled in.
- Preferred resolution 1280×720 (JPG/TIFF/PNG format/RGB)
- LIMIT: 50 images per school/university
- Please upload all videos individually to either YouTube.com or Vimeo.com.
- Send video URLs (Word doc).
- Please DO NOT send actual videos.
- Screen caps/still images of videos should be included.
- Metadata filled in.
- Preferred resolution 1280×720 or larger 16:9 aspect ratio format.
- Audio can be included (*may or may not be audible during the conference)
- Video can be short individual clips or full projects/films.
- Videos will be downloaded and embedded in the final PowerPoint screened at the conference. After the conference, the still image and URL will replace the videos in the downloadable PDF version of the PowerPoint located on our site.
- LIMIT: 10 minutes of video per school/university
Metadata for all images and videos should include:
- Student(s) name
- School name
- Faculty name
- Project name
- Public folder in Dropbox.com, Hightail.com, WeTransfer.com or other similar file-sharing site with links sent to curator (Kevin.McNulty[at]mtsu.edu).
- Physical DVD or flash drive (not returned) snail-mailed to curator (Kevin McNulty).
Due to the anticipated size of files, direct email of submissions will not be accepted.
The SIGGRAPH Education Committee retains the right to archive the project description on our web site for fair use by other faculty.
Materials will be licensed under the Creative Common Attribution – NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0.
Dept. of Electronic Media Communication
Middle Tennessee State University
1500 Greenland Drive
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
Additional information/clarification electronic submissions
Kevin McNulty – Kevin.McNulty [at] mtsu.edu
Deadline June 19th, 2017