Who we are:
After about 20 years of informal efforts by individuals to preserve the history of SIGGRAPH and computer graphics, the ACM SIGGRAPH History Committee was formally created in early 2019.
- Engages in activities to collect, preserve, and make accessible materials concerning the
history of ACM SIGGRAPH and its role in the development of the computer graphics
- Encourages and supports development of histories of both people and technological
innovation that document the impact of SIGGRAPH and the field.
How we operate:
We’re new. We’re still setting directions and planning projects. The history we preserve today will influence how SIGGRAPH is remembered in the future. We’re looking for people and ideas to take on that monumental challenge.
Get Involved: VOLUNTEER
Want to influence how SIGGRAPH is remembered in the future?
What We're Doing Now
The committee is a loosely organized collection of semi-independent projects, most of which predates the committee.
- siggraph50.world has a form for submitting ideas.
- Populate an Instragram account
- Gathering Stories:
- People Behind the Pixels https://www.historyofcg.com/
- Interviews WORK IN PROCESS
- Conversations between Coons Award Winners talking about their work.
- SIGGRAPH Moments: What has SIGGRAPH meant to you?
- Gathering Stuff:
- Art Archive LINK: https://digitalartarchive.siggraph.org/
- LA SIGGRAPH Chapter Archives
- ACM SIGGRAPH Organization and Conference print materials
- Course Notes Scanned and cataloged at Charles Babbage Institute
- Other things--not paper ? feel free to edit the terms I’ve used.
- Conference produced: t-shirts, mugs, pins
- Industry produced: swag—Pixar teapots, Sun bags, mousepads, 3D printed objects; corporate themed clothing….
- Working with SIGGRAPH Digital Presence Committee on metadata and knowledge management for the collections.